Teaching Each Player Magical Skills
Coerver® Coaching is about developing soccer players with great skills.
TEAMS Training runs in the fall and winter months, through the beginning of March. There are 16 90-minute sessions in all. Each session follows a detailed written curriculum filled with activities used by Coerver® Coaching worldwide that are proven to be challenging, effective and outrageously fun.
Whatever an athlete’s potential, great skills are the foundation for achieving it. Each and every player should have the opportunity to develop magical skills. This program, for U8-U12 players, provides in depth Coerver training that is systematic and sustained over time, with a focus on developing the essential skills for an athlete’s future in The Game:
- Superior 1v1 Skills – the ability and confidence to take on and beat an opponent in a one-on-one situation, together with the poise to keep possession of the ball under strong defensive pressure. Players can expect some sort of one-on-one activity at every session.
- A Dynamic First Touch – the skill and vision to place the ball with the first touch to a spot where it can be played again quickly and productively. This is also found in every session.
- Accuracy and Power when striking a ball – with several surfaces of either foot.
- Mastery of the Small Group Situations (2v1, 3v1, 3v2, etc.) which are the building blocks of team play.
WHO IT IS FOR
TEAMS Training is designed for every player who enjoys soccer and wants to get better. Athletes will need to bring their best effort and “teachable spirit” to each session. In addition, we will emphasize playing boldly, not being afraid to make mistakes.
2012-13 Age Groups
The program will have Four groups and be sorted by age and prior Coerver experience. The U8-9 level (players born 8/1/02 – 7/31/04) will follow the “Ball Magic” curriculum we use when training teams in the fall and spring. The U10-11 level (players born 8/1/00 – 7/31/02) will use our “Super Skills” Team Training curriculum.
The 1st training for ALL TEAMS participants will now be held Sunday, October 28th at Legacy Stadium from 2:00 to 3:30 pm.
Schedule below is for both 1st and 2nd T.E.A.M.S. Sessions at the Sports Dome.
Friday’s 4:30 to 6:00pm (’03 &’04 Boys and Girls) and 2nd Session 6:15 to 7:45pm (Under – 12 Boys and Girls)
10/28(Sunday), 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 11/30, 12/7, 12/14, 12/21, Jan. 4, 2013, 1/11, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 3/1.
Sunday’s sessions will be held 2:30 to 4:00pm for the 2001-2004 Boys and Girls
10/28, 11/4, 11/11, 11/18, 11/25, 12/2, 12/9, 12/16, Jan. 13, 2013, 1/27, 2/3, 2/10, 2/17, 2/24, 3/3, 3/10.
Each group in this program will be run in the manner we’d coach a team of players at this age. Parts of every session will be competitive in the original sense of the word – “striving with”, not “striving against”. Players learn that the ultimate team player uses his or her own best efforts both to get better and to challenge teammates to improve as well. That idea is one example of the COE’s emphasis on developing the character traits found in the most successful athletes. After all, it’s the Life Lessons you learn through sports that will be more enduring, and are therefore are more important, than anything you’ll learn about soccer.
Bring to sessions with you:
- Ball – write name and phone number on it
- Water bottle – can refill at camp
- Shin guards- required to be worn at all times on the field
The cost of the T.E.A.M.S program is $350. Tuition can be paid in three separate payments.
To reserve a spot for your child, a deposit of $100 is required. See below for information on completing the remainder of the payment. Any registrations made between 0-13 days before the first day of that camp will be required to be paid in full at time of registration.
A second $150 payment totaling $250 is due November 15th
The third and final $100 payment is due January 15, 2013
If payments are not received by 12:01am of due date the payments will be considered late and an additional $25 late fee will be assessed.
Below please find the options you have to complete your balance payments:
- Paying on-line, you may pay the balance by logging back in to the online registration system at Coerver.com and paying there.
- Paying by check – A check can be made to Coerver Colorado, which MUST ARRIVE by due dates, and can be mailed to Coerver Colorado, P.O. Box 4946, Englewood, CO, 80155.
If you cancel 14+ days before the first session, there is $50 cancellation fee. If you cancel between 1-13 days before the first session, the minimum deposit of $100 will not be returned. There will be no refunds once T.E.A.M.S has started, unless the player is injured during the Coerver Colorado session.
Visit the “Coaching Dynamics” page to learn about our coaching staff.