Teaching Each Athlete Magical Skills
Coerver® Coaching is about developing soccer players with great skills.
T.E.A.M.S. Training is an Invitation based Coerver program that runs from October to December. The 8 (90-minute) sessions each follow a detailed written curriculum filled with activities used by Coerver® Coaching worldwide that are proven to be challenging, effective and outrageously fun.
What to expect at each session:
The T.E.A.M.S. curriculum will be competitive in the original sense of the word – “striving with”, not “striving against”. Players learn that the ultimate team player uses his or her own best efforts both to get better and to challenge teammates to improve as well. That idea is one example of the COE’s emphasis on developing the character traits found in the most successful athletes. After all, it’s the Life Lessons you learn through sports that will be more enduring, and are therefore are more important, than anything you’ll learn about soccer.
- Superior 1v1 Skills: the ability and confidence to take on and beat an opponent in a one-on-one situation, together with the poise to keep possession of the ball under strong defensive pressure. Players can expect some sort of one-on-one activity at every session.
- A Dynamic First Touch: the skill and vision to place the ball with the first touch to a spot where it can be played again quickly and productively with a variety of body parts. This is found in every session.
- Accuracy and Powerful Shooting: with several surfaces of either foot. The main focus of the shooting drills will be with the WEAK FOOT.
- Mastery of the Small Group Situations (2v1, 3v1, 3v2, etc.) which are the building blocks of team play. Turing series drills will be a focus as well as attaching 3v2 2v1 situations.
Whatever an athlete’s potential, great skills are the foundation for achieving it. Each and every player should have the opportunity to develop magical skills. This program, for players born in years 2009 – 2005, provides in depth Coerver training that is systematic and sustained over time, with a focus on developing the essential skills for an athlete’s future in The Game:
Who it is for
TEAMS Training is designed for players who enjoys soccer, have demonstrated great skills and show the desire to become more influential players on the field. Athletes will need to bring their best effort and “teachable spirit” to each session. In addition, we will emphasize playing boldly, not deterred by mistakes. Sessions will be fast paced, demanding focused attention and effort to thrive in this competitive environment.
2017 Age Groups
The 2017 T.E.A.M.S. program will be invite only for the first wave. If spots still are available Oct. 1st players who have not attended a Coerver Program are welcome to join. Players will be grouped based on age and most recent Coerver Colorado experience.
The T.E.A.M.S. will follow the 2017 Year 1 “Super Skills” and Year 2 “Super Skills” curriculum used when training teams in the fall and spring. The curriculum will stay focused on the creating Superior 1 v 1 skills, a Dynamic First Touch, detailed Shooting Technique and Mastery of Small Group Situations.
2017 TEAMS – 8 Training Dates – Sunday – Foothills Indoor Arena – Schedule
Time Slot 1 – 1:00 to 2:30 T.E.A.M.S.
2017 Dates – 10/29, 11/5, 11/12, 11/19, 11/26, 12/3, 12/10, 12/17
The 1st training for ALL TEAMS participants will be held Sunday, October 29th (2:00 to 3:30 PM – All T.E.A.M.S. Groups) at Stutler Bowl, Cherry Creek High School. All sessions after October 29th will be at the Foothills Arena.
Pricing and Registration
The cost of the T.E.A.M.S program is $295.
To reserve a spot for your child, a deposit of $295 is required.
- Pay online – Log on or create an account at coervercolorado.com
- Paying by check – A check can be made to Coerver Colorado, which MUST ARRIVE by due dates, and can be mailed to Coerver Colorado, P.O. Box 4946, Englewood, CO, 80155.
Bring to sessions with you:
- Ball – write name and phone number on it
- Water bottle – can refill at the facility
- Shin guards- required to be worn at all times on the field
If you cancel before October 1st there is $50 cancellation fee. If you cancel after October 1st there is a $195 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds once T.E.A.M.S has started, unless the player is injured during the Coerver Colorado session.